Scholarships plays an important role for anyone who wants to pursue education overseas. The cost of higher studies in a foreign country is a huge burden on both student and their parents. Scholarships are a huge relief in taking away a part of the financial burden. If you are an Indian student who wish to study abroad and do not have enough money to accomplish our dream then you must read this. Anyone who wants to study in a foreign country are eligible to apply for a number of scholarships given out by government, universities and private organizations. However, due to lack of information about all the possible scholarships available, many students miss out on applying for scholarships that could have been received. This page is dedicated to all such students who are unaware of the numerous scholarships available. We have tried to list down every possible international scholarship for Indian students headed for higher studies at a popular foreign Universities.
1. Merit-Based Scholarships: Merit scholarships are a type of financial aid for qualified students. Many providers offer merit scholarships to students who have high grades, athletic ability or artistic talent. These scholarships take into account a student’s exceptional achievement in any of the above fields. Most Universities offer such scholarships to deserving students who have demonstrated their achievements in these fields.
2. Need-Based Scholarship: Many universities award students who have a financial need. Students qualify for need-based scholarships based on their family’s income. Still, many need-based scholarships take into account an applicant’s grades and test scores. Applicants with great academics and financial need have many opportunities for such scholarships.
3. Country-Specific Scholarships: Many governments, public authorities, or universities award scholarships to students belonging to a particular country. For example, The United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF), in a bid to promote “ understanding between the people of the United States and India through an academic and cultural exchange ” offers Fulbright-Nehru fellowships, Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship, etc. for Indian students studying in the U.S.A.
4. College-Specific Scholarships: These scholarships are specific to individual colleges. These are awarded only to Indian students pursuing any program in that specific college. These scholarships are highly competitive and students are awarded this based on their academic performance, overall profile, personal achievements in any field, etc.
5. Student-Specific Scholarships: These are scholarships that are given to students with distinct characteristics – belonging to a certain gender, race, religion, medical history, etc. This varies from college to college and is targeted towards minority group students, who face some sort of disadvantage at some level, in a bid to give them equal opportunities.
Anyone who meets the requirements can apply. It looks very obvious but it’s very important. There are different types of scholarships and they have different requirements because they target different types of students. You need to check if you fit into that requirement or not. Application start date and end date are very important and try to apply as soon as possible, as most of the scholarships are given on a first come first serve basis.
These are some of the most common application requirements for scholarships:
registration or application form
letter of motivation or personal essay
letter of recommendation
letter of acceptance from an academic institution
proof of low income, official financial statements
proof of extraordinary academic or athletic achievement
After finding the scholarships that you can apply for, start preparing your documents and get some expert help to make sure you are well prepared. A typical scholarship process looks like this:
Do the registration. Mostly it’s done by filling an online form.
You will receive a confirmation email so keep checking your inbox.
You will need to write a personal statement or an essay. Whether you will get the scholarship or not, depends on this. So get professional help and try your best to be original and impress through your unique ideas and experiences.
Get official proof of your achievements. Make sure to translate the document into English
Get official proof of your low income or nationality (for region-based scholarships). Again, a translation might be necessary
Proofread all documents for errors. You can do it by yourself or get an experienced person to do it for you. Send all documents to the scholarship provider.
Submit the acceptance letter from the university. You won’t receive the scholarship without confirming that you will actually begin your studies.
Wait for the results. If selected, congratulations, you’re a winner! Go ahead and throw a party but don’t spend all your scholarship money on it. Just kidding;
The official websites of your favorite universities are the best place to start searching for a scholarship. If you don’t find anything relevant, contact a representative via email or chat and see if they can help. The next step is to look for financial aid in other places on the internet. But it’s not always easy to find reliable information and not all websites have up-to-date content. Here are a few resources that can help you find the right scholarship program:
Seger Overseas – find your scholarship to fund your higher education, contact us!
Scholarships for Development – a website providing financial aid programs especially focused on students from developing countries Official
EU scholarship page – list of scholarships available for studies in Europe
Scholarships.com – database with over 3.5 million scholarships and grants
The official study abroad pages of individual countries also offer information about scholarships:
official info about scholarships in Austria
official info about scholarships in Denmark
official info about scholarships in France
official info about scholarships in Germany
official info about scholarships in Sweden
official info about scholarships in the Netherlands
official info about scholarships in the UK
Get in touch with our team to find scholarships for your higher education abroad. We will help you with all the application requirements. Hurry Up!!!